Monday, August 1, 2011

Nail Polish Galore!

I’m a sucker for nail polish. Like any girl, I think nail polish in any shade is a statement that demands to be seen.  I’ve recently started my own collection of nail polishes because let’s face it my college student budget can’t afford me to get pampered every week with a mani/pedi. So, to save money I decided to start doing my nails myself. It’s actually quite nice because I can change the color anytime I want.  I’m in control and that makes me the designer.  Now, there are TONS of shades out there, from the lightest shades of white to the brightest of neon highlighter yellow to the darkest of every shade of gray and black. Nail polish is every affordable too, if you know how to shop around for the biggest bargain. They can range anywhere from 1 dollar to 15 dollars. Now I’m not recommending any particular brand of polish because I own a wide variety but I will say this: I loveeeee OPI! OPI has the brightest, boldest colors I’ve seen. They are so popular that even celebrities, like Katy Perry, are teaming up with OPI to make their own signature colors. By the way let me also say this: I am team natural nails. I did for a while have acrylic nails but it took too much effort and money to maintain and it’s not that great for your nails. I found that my nails actually grew more when I took care of them myself and didn’t use acrylic fake nails. I also use this special top coat which I got from my roommate.  It’s called “Bright Plus Rossie System”. It works miracles. My nails are healthy strong and growing ;)…So remember express yourself with your nail polish!


No comments:

Post a Comment